At Byron Palms we are really excited for the Byron Bay Writers Festival this year. Come August, more than 140 influential writers and thinkers will converge on Byron Bay for Australia’s largest regional literary event.
In this post we want to share with you some of the key speakers, historians, politicians, philiosophers, poets and journaltists.
The dates for this year’s mammoth 160 sessions are 7-9 August, with workshops commencing Monday 3 August.
Our Top 5 Sessions:
- As always, there is a spotlight on politics and this year is no exception. Discussing all the big issues and challenges that concern all Australians, will be a panel of former politicians including former Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Labor Treasurer Wayne Swan, two former State Premiers, Anna Bligh and Carmen Lawrence as well as the journalist who unseated a Prime Minister, Maxine McKew, who will all be presenting their views.
- There is going to be an exclusive interview hosted by the ABC's Jennifer Byrne with Award winning novelsts Nigerian, Chigozie Obioma and Mexican based, Jennifer Clement.
- Participants will have the chance to catch up with their favourite writers and discover new voices in the new one-on-one sessions. These are 30 minute sessions that will include
- Stella Prize winner Emily Bitto,
- Man Asian Literary Prize winner Miguel Syjuco,
- New York Times bestseller Liane Moriarty,
- Artist Joshua Yeldham,
- Master of psychological thrillers, Michael Robotham
- Noah Rosenberg of Narratively, a platform for untold stories.
- Kids Big Day Out returns in 2015 where kids can meet their literary heroes. Included in the sessions is one of Australia’s best-loved children’s authors, Jackie French, ever-popular illustrator Terry Denton and Australian superstar author Andy Griffiths.
- Finally there are some fantastic In Conversation sessions planned, including Tariq Ali with Kerry O'Brien and Helen Gamer with Caroline Baum just to name a few.
You can download the full program from the Byron Bay Writers Festival site and if you would like to take advantage of our Writers Festival Accomdation Specials Inquire Now!